Update Rollup 2 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 is available.
Check out Microsoft KB article Rollup 2 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 KB Article
This rollup is available for all languages that are supported by Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013.
Update Rollup 2 introduces support for the following:
- Windows 8.1 and Internet Explorer 11 using CRM 2013 web application and CRM for Tablets
- iOS7 support with Safari on iPad using the web application
- Support for Safari using web application and CRM for Tablets using the tablet app for iPad Air
- Windows Server 2012 R2 for CRM Server
Download link for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 Update Rollup2: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=42272
The following table provides keyboard shortcuts used in Dynamics CRM 2013. The shortcut keys described in this section refer to the U.S. keyboard layout.
|Move to the next option, option group, or field
|Move to the previous option, option group, or field
|Complete the command for the active option or button
|Move between options in an open list, or between options in a group of options
|Cancel a command, or close a selected list or dialog box
||Ctrl+S or Shift+F12
|Save and Close
|Cancel edits and close (Close)
||Spacebar or Enter
|Delete text from a field
|Delete the record (when forms are in Edit mode)
|Save and then open a new form (Save and New) (when forms are in Edit mode)
|Open the lookup menu with the most recently used items in alphabetical order
|Open the list menu (when forms are in Edit mode)
|Navigate to the next item on the list (when forms are in Edit mode)
|Navigate to the previous item on the list (when forms are in Edit mode)
|Open lookup drop-down list
|Close lookup drop-down list
|Auto-resolve lookup value
|Open a record found in lookup with forms in Edit mode
|Open a record found in lookup with forms in Read-optimized mode
|Add a step in the Sales Process Configuration Tool
|Add a stage in the Sales Process Configuration Tool
|Tab to Command Bar when in the updated user experience
||Ctrl + [
|Tab to process control when in the updated user experience
||Ctrl + ]
|Tab to the Navigation pane
||Ctrl + Shift + 3
|Tab to main work area when editing a form in the updated user experience
||Ctrl + Shift + 1
This topic describes issues and limitations that may be experienced when you run Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 for tablets, when you use a tablet and run Microsoft Dynamics CRM in a web browser, or when you use Microsoft Dynamics CRM for phones.
Tablet and phone limitations:
- You can’t switch users when you run the CRM for tablets app or the CRM for phones app: The Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Windows 8, Microsoft Dynamics CRM for iPad, and CRM for phones apps can only run under the single user account that was set up when the application was installed. To change a user in the tablet or phone app, uninstall the app and then install the app again to specify the new user.
- User credentials required for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013 (on-premises) mobile apps with AD FS versions earlier than Windows Server 2012 R2: Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) in Windows Server 2012 R2 supports multi-factor authentication (MFA) that can be configured to let mobile Microsoft Dynamics CRM (on-premises) clients authenticate without prompting for user name and password credentials. Earlier versions of Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) don’t support MFA and require credentials when a mobile Microsoft Dynamics CRM (on-premises) app client signs in.
Tablet known issues:
Update Rollup 16 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 is available. This article describes the hotfixes and updates that are included in this update rollup.
Check out here for complete details: Rollup 16 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 KB Article
Lot of issues resolved in Update Rollup 16, check out following issues:
- Emails generated by RightFax software are not tracked by CRM when using Exchange 2010.
- UnhandledException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #3244E1C6 when deleting a solution.
- Email attachments are not being deleted from the dbo.Attachment table when their parent record is deleted.
- SSL Offloading does not work when CRM is not using Claims/IFD authentication.
- OverriddenCreatedOn* attribute is missing from V3 Custom Entities.
- Clicking on report preview throws error on an Updated Organization from Update Rollup 6, “HttpUnhandledException: Microsoft Dynamics CRM has experienced an error. Reference number for administrators or support: #3423D182”.
- When you click to create a folder for a record in CRM 2011 the SharePoint page is shown instead of the list part grid page. This causes confusion with customers.
- Conditional formatting breaks page navigation in view within CRM for Outlook client.
- When you select an email that is tracked in CRM, and you have the reading pane viewable for emails, Outlook may hang or become unresponsive. Once Outlook returns controls and becomes responsive you notice that the Track in CRM form region for the tracked in CRM email contains a large number of parties on the TO, CC, or BCC.
- Retry logic causes unexpected results on some OrganizationServiceProxy methods.
- Appointment created and deleted from the web will only be deleted from the organizers Outlook calendar. Occurs when the meeting organizer sends Outlook invitations.
- When you attempt to configure the outlook client for an organization and the organization friendly name matches an organization that you already have configured, you will be prompted that an organization with that display name already exists. If you then correct the display name and proceed with the configuration, configuration will succeed. However the next time that you launch the configuration wizard the wizard will fail to launch. “There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.”
- When you have more subjects in the subject tree than can be viewed without a scrollbar, the scrollbar is not shown in IE or FireFox.The scrollbar is shown correctly in chrome.
- When you attempt to view html web resources in the CRM web or outlook client application by opening them from the ribbon, the web resources that are shown are old versions. This occurs even after you have published changes to the web resources. If you clear temporary internet files the web resources are shown correctly.
- When you create a process step using create, update, or send email step and you put in the body of the email more than 65K characters and then publish and execute the process the step will fail.
- A 404 error is seen when accessing organization. Prior to getting 404 you deleted thousands of managed optionset values through the SDK or UI without replacing those deleted optionset values with new values. Then you published customizations.
- Deployment Manager and Plugin Registration performance is slow due to DC communication.
- Appointments and Service appointments are automatically shared with the user that shared the record.
- Organizations that upgraded from Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 and have existing ISV.config customizations in place may encounter situations when the import of managed solutions fails to update or overwrite components in the ribbon that were created as part of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 upgrade.
- Searching for a contact in address book fails raising this error:”The Contacts folder associated with this address list could not be opened; it may have been moved or deleted, or you do not have permissions. For information on how to remove this folder from the Outlook Address Book, see Microsoft Outlook Help” or the data in the columns is not correct.
- Outlook pops up error if clicking CRM folders before the loading of CRM toolbar: “Microsoft CRM has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.”
- Can’t renew\copy a Contract when Contract Line items dates are greater than the Contract.
- Custom Plugins registered against the RetrieveMultiple message and specifying “none” as the Primary Entity will fail with a SerializationException starting with the December 2012 Service Update due to an unknown Type originating from the plugins that are part of the ActivityFeeds solution.
- Some fields lose data on save and synchronization when focus is not moved from the field when using the CRM Outlook client.
- Reports do not render correctly after applying CRM 2011 Update Rollup 12.
- “SQL Server error” on Campaign Activity quick find search if including “channeltypecode”.
- Sporadically, e-mail sent from Outlook router are sent with winmail.dat attachment.
- Re-tracking contacts in child contact folders result in duplicate contacts after synchronization.
- When a form that contains a Silverlight Web Resource in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, the Silverlight control fails to be resized when the user resizes the form making it difficult to access some portions of the Silverlight resource.
- You can access System Settings no matter the security role assigned.
- Users are unable to view audit history is the records they own are part of another record that they do not have sufficient privileges to access. If they only happens for one record, users are unable to see the remaining audit details they do have access to.
- Summery Filter is not shown when using N:N relationship criteria.
- Export to Excel in Outlook fails with long relationship/entity/field names.
- Unable to navigate to next page records through the CRM form window using the short cut (Up/Down Arrows) in the top right corner of form.
- When using Process Driven forms in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011, users with restricted privileges may encounter “Error on Page” messages or “Error: Unable to get property ‘trigger’ of undefined or null reference” error dialogs.
- Memory growth is experienced in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client for Outlook when the Activity Feeds Solution is present in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online organization.
- Mail Merge fails for Office 2013 Outlook clients when using Cached Mode.
- Currency symbol keeps as the base currency symbol in activity created by Dialog.
- User from 1 business unit are able to see records of other business unit when entity records between business units are merged and the records are owned by the default teams for the associated business units.
- If the chart pane is enabled on any view for an entity in the Outlook client, and if the user utilizes the “Email a Link” feature and selects the current view, the URL that is generated and then copied to a blank e-mail will contain invalid parameters. Clicking on this link then generates a CRM platform error, which indicates that invalid parameters were passed to the request.
- Offline script generated Orders change Order ID’s upon offline/online Sync.
- When you attempt to use a service account to impersonate users in Exchange to poll for email to be delivered into CRM using the email router, and that service account does not have a mailbox the CRM email router will not be able to proceed either with check access or during normal execution.
- Controls on the new driven forms introduced in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 December 2013 Service Update are not being updated with data that was modified as part of Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 plugin.
- Outlook saved views are not sorted alphabetically like in the web client.
- Cannot delete managed solution because of IsMapiPrivate and LeftVoiceMail fields.
- Workflow failed with “The deserializer has no knowledge of any type that maps to this name”
- With a Decimal Number field with Precision parameter > 6, a number beginning with 0.000000 errors on Orders. “Error. An error has occurred”.
- There is an error in XML document (1, 1181). when validating MAPI properties through EWS.
- When you use the CRM web client or CRM client for Outlook you notice memory increasing when you use the SharePoint List Web Part for CRM.
- Deployments with large datasets in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 may suffer performance bottlenecks on default views, lookups, and queries if the EnableRetrieveMultipleOptimization registry setting is set to zero.
- Notes in the Outlook preview section are sorted by modified date instead of created date.
- In Update Rollup 13 users cannot print the whole grid page with Internet Explorer 10.
- When users change the field ‘Start Time’ (or any other date field) to third Sunday of October, for any year, in the Brasilia time zone. the field is changed to 1/1/1970.
- Users receive “not read” receipts if <DeleteEmails> is true in the EmailAgent.xml for the Email Router.
- Post Polaris: the Timeout option in wait condition of workflow disappears on Edit.
- After applying Update Rollup 12 on the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Server, users of the offline edition of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Outlook are unable to configure their Offline Scheduled Sync settings under Personal Settings.
- When running an SSRS report and using certain specific locales in personal options in CRM, the report does not contain the correct format as the correct language is not selected based upon the current users locale. In this specific example end user has selected English (India) locale of 16393.
- When you use IE 10 and you attempt to view an email activity using the CRM email activity form, the body of the email is not fully shown. This occurs when the email that was viewed was promoted into CRM either by the Outlook client or Email router and the email body was well formed HTML.
- When synchronizing service appointments in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 from Outlook To CRM, the activity parties on the appointments are being rescheduled even though they may not have changed. This can potentially cause workflows or plugins to be invoked unnecessarily on the server producing inconsistent results.
- Multi-threaded SDK app crash with System.InvalidOperationException.
- Unable to view Personal E-mail Templates with EnableRetrieveMultipleOptimization is set to 2.
- When you attempt to choose a value from a multi parameter drop down in a SSRS report from within CRM web or Outlook client you receive a script error. “Error: No such interface supported”.
- You cannot import a solution which contains an out of the box chart where that out of the box chart has been deleted in the destination system.
- After Update Rollup 12, datetime picklist does not show the selected value when opened.
- After Update Rollup 12, rows of Audit History view are not aligned.
- Importing an updated solution version fails to import with UR12+
- Changing the resource on a service activity creates temporary duplicates.
- Service activity tooltip/color not updated for change in status reason.
- Deployment Manager not opening after making the failover to the mirror SQL.
- Cannot use print preview for draft replied emails with images after Update Rollup 12 & 13.
- Outlook offline reports not showing parameter pane.
- Unable to configure CRM outlook client when TurnOffFetchThrottling is enabled.
- When an error is raised when submitting the merge dialog form, and upon a second attempt to merge the data you change the selection of fields on the dialog, those changes are not submitted to the platform. The initial set of fields are used instead of updated.
- UI rendering issue with dynamic position option set for web hosted applications.
- Multi-text content is not printed correctly.
- When the Deployment Profile is set to Local System after Update Rollup 12 for the Email Router is applied, when you restart the service, the router hangs and will not send messages. When you enable verbose logging, you see that it does not continue checking settings. Also, the Email Router Configuration Wizard window either hangs or takes a really long time to open.
- Jscript error when opening field editor for Yomi field.
- Subgrid does not display correctly when using Internet Explorer 8.
- Post Update Rollup 12: prvWriteSdkMessageProcessingStep privilege required to enable some workflows.
- LeftVoiceMail field is missing on some custom activities post Update Rollup 12.
- Tracked Email Not Promoted if Opened in Inspector View from Sent Items.
- Voice mail messages are being rejected by the email router with the error below. These emails were tracked fine when the mailboxes were on Exchange 2007. However the issue started occurring post migrating the mailboxes to Exchange 2013. Issue is only with the emails that come as part of voice mail messages, rest of the emails are getting tracked fine.
Instance validation error: ‘OneOff’ is not a valid value for MailboxTypeType
- Recurring Appointment “Data Propagation” does not list Custom attribute.
- Most recently viewed data disappears periodically after you have used to open more than 40 records.
- SQL Deadlocks when calling Associate request adding users to teams.
- Add activity button gets enabled for closed case even though it should be grayed out.
- The first tab on the form becomes visible unexpectedly overriding customizations.
- Filter in view does not work when for Option Set containing entries with ‘&’ character.
- Invalid XML when creating a campaign with special characters in view criteria.
- Data from related entities missing when exporting to Excel from the CRM for Outlook Client.
- Consider the scenario where you are creating an e-mail template. During the process copy part of a rich text or HTML formatted document and paste it into the subject line. The template creation appears to have a normal subject however the resulting e-mails from the template contain style tags.
- Any modification to Duplicate Detection Email Template corrupts it.
- When you attempt to use a view that has a condition for Owner Equals Current User’s Teams and the user does not belong to any team with a security role you receive an error: Invalid Argument.
- Outlook Filter settings not taken into consideration when performing a quick search.
- IME Settings for “Multiple lines of text” fields are not respected.
- Custom entity grid icon is not visible in Outlook.
- You receive error messages when accessing CRM fields in the CRM for Outlook client. “An error has occurred”.
- Set Regarding does not work on a CRM 4.0 Client connecting to a CRM 2011 Server.
- Save & New when editing existing Connection does not populate Connected From.
- When you copy and paste a tracked recurring appointment in the CRM client for Outlook, the copied recurring appointment will become untracked in CRM, however a duplicate will be synchronized to Outlook upon each manual or background synchronization.
This occurs when the source recurring appointment contains an instance of the recurrence which has been modified or deleted and it is outside of the current effective range. For example an instance of the recurring appointment was canceled many months ago.
- UR12+ Spacing between dynamic fields in Processes is not maintained correctly.
- InvalidOperationException Errors Occur After Installing Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client For Outlook Update Rollup 11 Critical Update.
- SharePoint documents are stored to the root folder, not under accounts/contacts.
- When you create an new record and as part of the process of creating the new record you add notes to the record before performing the initial save some notes may not be created. This occurs if you click Save, Save & Close, or Save & New on the Ribbon with focus still in the body of the note that is being entered.
- Retry logic causes unexpected results on some OrganizationServiceProxy methods.
- Outlook Client quick find search box suggests search will be on current view.
- When opening and closing forms in Microsoft Dynamics CRM Client For Outlook, users may notice the memory of the WebFormsHost processes climb over time until the application reports it is low on memory.
- When installing the slipstreamed UR6 version of the CRM client for Outlook and the “Give me updates for Microsoft products and check for new optional Microsoft software when I update Windows” option is checked in Control Panel -> Windows Update -> Change Settings, Windows Update will automatically install the Critical Update (build 2903) patch during installation. However, the Microsoft.Crm.Outlook.Diagnostics.exe executable (and potentially other files) that it installs are build 3557 instead of 2903, causing Diagnostics to crash and problems when uninstalling.
- Customer is using Outlook 2007 with the option ‘Send immediately when connected’ unchecked. So, when he composes a new mail, it first goes to the Outbox and when we click on Send/Receive, it goes out.
When the CRM add-in is enabled and if we open the e-mail when it is in Outbox just to edit something, or simply to see the content and when we click on Send/Receive after that, the mail does not go out.
- After Update Rollup 14, the Print Preview on records does not display correctly. The footer overlaps the last tab with content.
- Outlook crashes when you have ShortTel Communicator and CRM client for Outlook installed.
- Mail merge fields not appear in word, template field definition not applied after template selection.
- Unable to configure CRM outlook client when TurnOffFetchThrottling is enabled.
- Cannot update StateCode and StatusCode of Phone Call entity via plugin code.
- When you type text and separate each value you want to resolve by a semi colon in a partylist field, only the first entry you types will persist after the auto resolve completes if each entry would resolve to more than 1 value.
- After CRM 2011 Update Rollup Up 12 lengthy form names in the Form selector are getting mixed with record data. When viewing an entity form with a display name that exceed the width of the left navigation it overflows onto the form. Before UR12 form names were simply truncated and “…” was appended. Post UR12 the form display name overflows onto the body and can over run the data. See screenshots for examples. In testing this issues is present in all IE versions, Chrome and Firefox.
- Clients having the Update Rollup 11 Critical Update are unable to configure if the server has attributes with a DisplayMask of ValidForAdvancedFind set to be non-searchable.
- Error importing org from CRM 2011 UR14 – System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Column names in each table must be unique. Column name ‘LeftVoiceMail’ in table ‘ActivityPointerBase’ is specified more than once.
- Outlook client unresponsive during startup.
- Copying and pasting multiple lines of text from a Word document to the body of a CRM E-mail activity record causes additional line breaks to be inserted in between each line. This issue did not occur prior to Update Rollup 12.
- Exporting solution does not contain relationship information if changed.
- Quick find within a Custom dashboard for Articles does not render any results.
- When you run Contact Duplicate Detection rule Full Name does not appear in the list.
- When the MAPI store for the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Outlook is empty, updates to the cache may cause Outlook to terminate unexpectedly.
- When replying to e-mail activity records in the application, if a user presses the enter key in the body, followed by the delete key, a line break is inserted into the body of the form.
- Shared activities do not show in outlook offline mode.
- CRM Outlook Client Attempts To Handle Tracked Items In Shared Calendar.
- When you open an entity form and you attempt to navigate to a side navigation item, for example Activities or Closed Activities, the navigation may be interrupted. You may instead find that your form focus is now the first selectable field on the main section of the entity form. For example on the Account entity form, Name field is selected.
- Entity records containing textarea attributes such as Notes on the Reading Pane in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Outlook may cause the client to become unresponsive.
- Developer experience for script debugging is broken.
- Same Ribbon Display Rule in multiple solutions cause extremely slow form load.
- Script Error clicking links on side navigation before form fully loads.
- Wait Until condition are not being triggered if watched attribute contains NULL value.
- Outlook crashes when using CRM client for Outlook UR15 or UR11 CU.
- When you attempt to choose a value from a multi parameter drop down in a SSRS report from within CRM web or Outlook client you receive a script error.
Error: No such interface supported
- Outlook client fails to load or crashes when client OrgDBOrgSettings are set.
- Changes made to the personal view query is not updating in Outlook client since Update Rollup 12.
- After installing Update Rollup 15 for CRM 2011 the Mail Merge button on the entity record Add tab does not seem to do anything when clicked.
- In some environments, conditions may exist when the registry keys of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook Client are being duplicated when being read causing an exception to occur that terminates the Outlook process.
- This functionality changed UR12+. The custom activity form is not automatically closing when clicking on Mark Complete. The ribbon buttons are disabled and only option is to close with the X. Pre UR12 the form closed when clicking “mark as complete”
- Users of the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Client for Outlook may be unable to configure the client if they are utilizing a proxy PAC file. The configuration wizard will terminate with a “Object reference not set to an instance of an object” error.
- Creation and deletion of business units cannot be done in a timely manner.
- When you are using the CRM 4 client for Outlook while connected to a CRM 2011 organization using IFD authentication you are not able to access the Organization (SOAP) endpoint or the ODATA (REST) endpoint.
This works if you are using the CRM 2011 client for Outlook or the CRM web client.
- The process of assigning records from one user to another user and changing business units via the SetBusinessSystemUserRequest takes a long time to execute if the original owner owns a large number of records, for example 50K contacts. This process can also cause the tempdb log to increase in size and cause problems if you run out of disk space for tempdb.
- Dashboard Tab Ordering is incorrect.
- The owner of the child record in a merge inherits invisible rights to the master record.
The following best practices can help you to produce reports that are easier to write, comply with established standards, and execute with improved efficiency.
General best practices: This section provides best practices for creating custom SQL-based and fetch-based reports.
- Use an existing report to create custom reports: Check whether there is an existing report in Microsoft Dynamics CRM that is close to the design that you are looking for. Download the report definition of the report, and then modify the RDL file instead of creating a new one from scratch. By doing this, you will save development time and reduce report writing errors.
- Use Microsoft Dynamics CRM formats for currency, number, date and time, calendar: The FilteredUserSettings view contains information about currency format, date and time format, number format, negative number, starting day of the week, calendars, and other formats. Microsoft Dynamics CRM provides the fn_GetFormatStrings database function to obtain the date, time, number, currency, and calendar formats from the FilteredUserSettings view.
- Set the page size: Reporting Services does not provide explicit page orientation, such as portrait and landscape modes, or preset page sizes. Standard Microsoft Dynamics CRM reports were designed for 8.25 x 11 (portrait) or 11 x 8.25 (landscape) page sizes that work for both US letter and A4 paper.
- Back up your reports: Make backup copies of your reports and store them on a computer other than the reporting server.
- Define truncation if needed: Text wrapping is the default behavior for a text box report item in Reporting Services. This means that, unless indicated otherwise, all text will wrap at the defined width of any text area and then grow vertically. If truncation is specified, a text box will truncate text at the width of the text box within the specified padding (default is 2pt left and right.) Any maximum length truncation beyond this will require custom coding. The default Microsoft Dynamics CRM reports are set up with tool tips to show static text or values from data fields when the user hovers the mouse pointer over the report item. If you use truncation, consider setting the ToolTip property to the field value so that the full text will appear when the user hovers over the truncated text.
SQL-based reports: This section provided best practices for SQL-based reports only.
- Writing stored procedures: Adding custom stored procedures to the Microsoft Dynamics CRM database is not supported. However, you can create a separate database and write stored procedures to that database.
- Limit text length and number of items in charts: Microsoft Dynamics CRM reports use only some of the possible chart types from Reporting Services.For any chart type, limiting label length and number of items is recommended for the chart contents to be displayed correctly. When Reporting Services displays a chart with long labels, the chart itself becomes too small to be usable. There are several ways to do this:
- Limit your chart label length explicitly, truncating it if it is necessary.
- Consider limiting the number of items displayed in charts.
- Use embedded images in a report: The easiest way to use images with Reporting Services is to put the images into a database. If the images are not in a database, you can use embedded images in .png, .gif, or .jpg formats in a report. The image files that are used by Microsoft Dynamics CRM image files are located in the C:/Inetpub/wwwroot/_imgs/ico folder on a default Microsoft Dynamics CRM installation.
General: These guidelines are applicable for both SQL-based and Fetch-based reports.
- Limit a report to display information from a specified time period, instead of displaying all records in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM database.
- Pre-filter a report so that the dataset is limited.
- Calculate aggregate totals by using SQL code or aggregations in a FetchXML query, instead of passing raw data to Reporting Services and grouping.
- Limit the number of datasets used, if possible.
- When you compare dates, use the UTC date fields for comparisons. For example, compare the createdonutc fields and not the createdon fields in a filtered view or the FetchXML query.
SQL-based Reports: These guidelines are applicable for SQL-based reports only.
- Don’t create a report that uses a large dataset or a complex SQL query available on-demand to all users.
- Don’t select all columns from a Microsoft Dynamics CRM filtered view. Instead, explicitly specify the columns that you want to select in the SQL statement.
- Use SQL stored procedures instead of inline SQL.
Microsoft rebuilt the F12 tools from the ground up in Internet Explorer11. They have a brand new UI and new functionality to make your developing and debugging faster and easier.
You can access them from within a browser window by hitting F12. If your keyboard doesn’t have function keys, you can select ‘F12 developer tools’ from the ‘Tools’ menu.
You can use the Debugger tool to examine what your code is doing, when it’s doing it, and how it’s doing it. Pause code in mid-execution, step through it line-by-line, and watch the state of variables and objects at each step. New features in the Debugger tool include:
- No-refresh debugging. Set your breakpoints and go without reloading and losing state.
- Tabbed document interface for easier management of multiple scripts.
- Scrollbar that highlights breakpoints and search matches.
Development and debugging tasks it makes easier:
- Seeing what led to a function call using the Callstack.
- Making compressed or minified code more readable.
- Monitoring web worker creation and execution.
There are eight distinct tools, each with their own tab in the F12 tools interface. Here you’ll find an image of each tool, a quick summary of what it does and what’s new, and a couple of typical development or debugging tasks the tool makes easier. Check the link ‘Using the F12 developer tools in Internet Explorer 11’ http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ie/bg182326(v=vs.85).aspx
Step2: Press the F12 key on your keyboard to open the tools or select ‘F12 developer tools’ from the ‘Tools’ menu. You will see ‘DOM Explorer tool (CTRL + 1)’ left side, click on ‘Debugger (CTRL+3)’
Step3: Click on ‘Open Document (CTRL+O)’ and check CRM page.